Back Pain and the Chiropractic
If you're like most people, you've probably experienced back pain at some point in your life. Whether it's from lifting something heavy, bending over awkwardly, or just sleeping the wrong way, back pain can be debilitating and frustrating. Thankfully, chiropractic care has emerged as an effective alternative option to help relieve the pain and get back to your normal routine.
At Simi Valley Spine and Wellness in Simi Valley CA, we provide quality chiropractic care for back pain treatment. Our chiropractor first evaluates your situation to determine the cause of your pain then recommends a personalized treatment approach.
What Are the Common Causes of Back Pain?
Back pain can be an annoying and frustrating condition, and unfortunately, it's also very common. Here are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Lifting something too heavy
- Slumping over when sitting at your computer for long periods
- Not exercising regularly and having weak core and back muscles
- Carrying a heavy purse or bag on one shoulder for long periods
- Sleeping in an awkward position (e.g., with your neck bent awkwardly)
- Being pregnant
Back pain can also be caused by diseases such as arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis, etc.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Back Pain?
For many years, people have been using chiropractic care for back pain treatment and relief. A chiropractor from our practice uses several gentle, safe techniques to realign the spine. If you are in the area of Simi Valley CA, our chiropractors can review your condition and determine if chiropractic care can help you get back to your normal routine.
Our chiropractor uses several different techniques and approaches for back pain treatment that may include:
- Spinal adjustments (or "manipulation") to restore movement to the affected joints
- Soft tissue massage and stretching exercises to reduce tension in your back muscles
- Ultrasound therapy to promote tissue healing
- Electrical muscle stimulation can help reduce pain and muscle spasms
- Nutritional counseling can help you identify foods that trigger your back pain
- Cold/hot therapy to reduce inflammation and swelling
- Acupuncture may be beneficial for certain types of back pain
- Posture training can help you prevent back pain in the future
Visit Us at Simi Valley Spine and Wellness in Simi Valley CA, for Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing chronic or recurring back pain, a chiropractor from our practice can help. We also encourage you to schedule an appointment if you are experiencing numbness, tingling, and weakness in your legs or feet. Call (805) 581-2310 to book an appointment.